The ten most important questions about your stock options are as follows.
* What type of options have you been offered?
* How many options do you get?
* How many shares in the company are outstanding and how many have been approved?
* What is your strike price?
* How liquid are your options, or how liquid will they be?
* What is the vesting schedule for your shares?
* Will you get accelerated vesting if your company is acquired or merges with another company?
* How long must you hold your shares after an IPO, merger, or acquisition?
* When you exercise your options, do you need to pay with cash, or will the company float you the exercise price?
* What kinds of statements and forms do you get or do you need to fill out?